Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Katelyn and Kylie Milestones

My girls have hit a few milestones in the last few weeks. Katelyn is now officially not taking a nap anymore. We still make her have quiet time in her room, and she loves that. Occasionally she'll fall asleep playing on the floor. It's so cute!

Kylie has learned to scoot (on her back). She digs her little heals into the floor and pushes off. I'll put her down in one place and position, and two seconds later I'll turn around and she'll be facing a different direction or have scooted like 3 feet away from her original location. I've got a mover on my hands.

We attempted to put Kylie in her crib the last few nights. I wasn't ready and couldn't sleep. The monitor was too loud and I felt an anxiety in me that I just couldn't shake. So Kylie is still in our room. She sleeps better in her bassinet, so I plan to keep her there now until she outgrows it. Then we'll move her to her room. Hopefully, I'm not setting myself up for bad sleeping habits. Katelyn is such a good night sleeper, it would be a shame if this prevents Kylie from being the same.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those milestones are so special aren't they. I'm glad you've got a place to record them.