Thursday, August 7, 2008

Friends

I am the type of person who doesn't need a lot of friends but needs to know that people are there as friends. I have betrayed some friends in the past, and I am not proud of that. I'm just glad I was able to revive my friendships with them, and now we all have babies who are very close in age, within a month of each other.

Even though I am so glad that I have their friendship again, I am sad that I have lost others. I don't know what it is. Do I try too hard? Am I not outgoing enough? If I knew how to make myself more likable I would. Even people whom I feel like I could be very close to don't seem to give me the time of day. There's always another person out there they consider a better friend. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that I wish so badly I could be the one friend to someone that they always come to and can count on. I want to be the first in someone's life. Maybe one day...but for now I still have my husband and my family. And for that I am thankful.

2 comments:

Minxy Mimi said...

I go thru that too... It is hard to make friends and I want to be "The friend" that they love the most...not a mere aquaintance. Sometimes it just happens when you least expect it, kinda like love!

Anonymous said...

ok, so I read your Friends blog. I want you to know how much of a friend you are to me. And a friend is also someone who you would want to be like, and I admire you as a mother! I don't know how I would survive without you. I love you!!