Thursday, January 1, 2009

A Look Back on 2008

As with most people, 2008 was a year of ups and downs for our family. The best part of 2008 for us would definitely have to be the birth of our daughter, Kylie. So far she has brought many blessings and happiness to our family. Katelyn joined gymnastics this past year. She has done fantastic with it. She has learned to tumble, walk the beam, and even hang upside down from the bar.

We had some weird and not-so-great moments in 2008 as well. The worst part would have to be my getting the HELLP Syndrome after delivering Kylie. It was a scary moment for all of us and a long recovery. I had a lot of ups and downs with friends during the past year, and it's left me feeling a little empy, but at the same time it left me with an insight as to who I am and what I want/need in my life. We had a scary moment with Katelyn splitting her head open toward the end of the year. And my sister, Coryn, has moved away from us to California. I will miss her so much, but am so incredibly proud of her.

But with the bad came a lot more good...

We had a lot of little wonderful moments this past year. We got a new yard, so now the girls have a place to play outside. The girls have grown and learned so much. Katelyn speaks so well now. She even throws in a little humor into our conversations. She has learned so much. She's almost able to ride her tricycle by herself and swing by herself. She knows the letter "k" and a few others, but "k" is her favorite. She can count to 20 forward and back from 10 to 1. She can sing just about anything and loves to sing. Kylie has learned so much as well. She can sit by herself, clap, give hugs and kisses, roll all over the place, and she's beginning to crawl. She scoots across the floor on her belly. Kylie has blessed us with her big and happy smile. When she smiles the room lights up.

All in all, I think 2008 was a good year, but I am glad to move on to 2009 with a new beginning.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great post Erin. 2008 was definitely full of ups and downs here

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful post. It's always nice to reflect back on the year. Seems to me that while you've had some tough times you've also had some really special times too.