Monday, July 21, 2008

My family

As with most people, my family is the most important thing in the world to me. So, I thought this blog would be an good way to keep everyone updated on all the events going on with my family.

My name is Erin, and I am the wife of Charles and mother to Katelyn (2 years) and Kylie (2 months). When I'm not doing the mom thing or wife thing, I am likely working. I am a second grade teacher at a low income school. I love my job; however, I wish that I could be home full-time with my girls. In my "spare" time I love to read, scrapbook, and chat on my mommy message board.

Charles, AKA, Charlie and I have been married for almost 6 years this October. He is a busy man, but always finds time to spend with his family. He is a firefighter/paramedic, owns his own lawn service, and is in the Army National Guard part-time. He is our own personal hero. Katelyn and Kylie mean the world to him as does he to them. In his spare time he used to work on restoring his first car, a '64 Ford Falcon, but with his many jobs, he had to sell the cars. Now, he just finds things around the house that need fixing.

Katelyn, the oldest of the Lugo girls, is two years old. She'll be 3 at the end of February. Katelyn has grown so much, it's unbelievable. She absolutely loves to sing and will even make up words to songs - just to keep things interesting. Her favorite thing to do is play with Little People and Disney figurines. Her favorite character is Mickey Mouse. She also loves the Disney princesses. She's a great big sister and is always looking for opportunities to help with Kylie; even when the help is not needed. We are currently working on potty training her. She's doing very well, but we do have our bad days. I think she enjoys having the attention she gets when she does well with it, so she tries hard. Katelyn is my first born and will always have a very special place in my heart.

Kylie, the baby, will be 2 months old on July 23. She is such an angel. I call her my peaceful baby; although, she does have her moments of fussiness. She is a great eater and loves to have snuggle time. She has bonded well with all of us so far. Her pacifier is currently her favorite possession. It's truly a blessing to have her in my life.

That's my family in a nut-shell. I'll update as often as I can.

No comments: